Wednesday 29 June 2011

My Favourite Lush Shower Gels

I have a confession to make. I am a big lushhead. It`s embarrassing just how obsessed I am with this brand. I love everything about `em. I`m a sucker for their non-waste packaging, their quirky marketing and of course their (not all) natural hand made products. It also amazes me how a husband and wife team ( Mark and Mo. Even their names match) opened up a little shop in 95 in UK and came this far.Their aim was to make safe, 100% vegetarian, environmentally friendly products with as little chemicals as possible. they are famous world wide  now,with more than 600 stores in 43 countries. Sadly Pakistan even though has plenty of body shops, Lush has not been launched here.
        Today I will be reviewing my three most favorite shower gels from them i.e. Glogg,the olive branch and snow fairy.
 
This is my big 500gm of much loved (and used) bottle. Glogg is basically Christmas spices in a bottle. Its based on a mulled wine drink served at Christmas in Nordic countries called Glogg. Lush came out with this on Christmas as part of their holiday line.It only comes out once a year. It`s rich ,warming ,spicy aroma is perfect for a hot shower in winters to melt the chills away. It mostly smells of cinnamon and cloves, and lathers very well. It says on the label that it can be used on hair and body and I have tried both. Leaves hair very shiny, if a little oily but that`s ok as its super moisturizing and made to use in harsh cold winters. But beware, the cinnamon in this is sugar free and not sweet at all. If you are expecting sweet vanilla laden cinnamon like in apple pies and regular cinnamon scented products, you will be dissapointed as the cinnamon in it has a bite to it. It is straight up cinnamon,strong, even a bit bitter like we find the cinnamon sticks in sabat garam masala. So its really spicy filled up with holiday scents.


This is my small bottle (100gm) of much hyped about snow fairy. This too only comes out once a year during Christmas. Its bubblegum pink and has shimmer in it and can be used on body and hair (the shimmer thankfully doesnt stick to your body or hair). It says on the label:'' Candyfloss pink and sweet as sugar. With iridescent sparkles and a hint of wicked fruitiness''. I`m sorry for bad picture quality, this is actually a very pretty pink color. I found it ok. I mean I don't hate it or anything but well...it was a bit too sweet  and reminded me of the body shop`s banana shampoo somehow :) Lathers well and lingers on the skin for hours. Perfect for girly girls and will make your bathroom smell yummy. Snow fairy is the perfect name for it. Sparkly, pink and festive.


This by far is my favorite of the lot. Aaahhhh! Bliss. This is a 250gm bottle and it is divine. I can go on and on about my love for this product and thankfully its part of their regular line so is available all year round. O Olive branch how can I even begin to praise thee? !:) The label says "Reassuring shower gel to hold you in its arms and keep you safe. With vine leaves and fresh mandarin juice, Sicilian olives and bergamot". This is lovely to use in hot summers and has lashings of Mediterranean scents in it. The scent is unisex so can be used by men as well. It is quite runny but lathers pretty well. The scent grew on me the more I use it. I`m so addicted that I got a solid perfume in the same scent too and find myself taking 2 or 3 showers some days just to get my fix. It`s like wandering in the vineyards in Italy or Greece with a light summer breeze scented with bergamot and mandarin mixed in with saltiness of the sea ruffling your hair. Sorry....I drifted off for a while there:) couldn't help it.Love it.



I love how lush puts a sticker on the back of all their products with a picture and name of whoever made it with an expiry date.
    Fingers crossed they will soon open up a store here as well.

13 comments:

Nivedita said...

I have never tried anything form lush. But the way everyone loves them, I must give it a try

Pandora`s Box said...

Oh Nivedita you are so lucky to have Lush in India. DO give it a try. Just don`t get put off by the strong mish mash of overwhelming scents in their store. Things will smell better once you get them home and use `em.

Unknown said...

I want to try LUSH products so badly. I wish we get them here

Evil Nelly said...

I bet you tasted every single one of them :)
lol.. I always do anyways ;)

Couldnt find Glogg and snow fairy, but i am going to get the Olive Branch soon..

*strokes a Lush Bath Bomb and whispers 'My precioussssssss*


hugs,
Nelly
www.massacredmascara.blogspot.com

Pandora`s Box said...

@ Rabeeyah fingers crossed :)

Pandora`s Box said...

@ Evil Nelly lol how did you know my dirty little secret. I tell you, the massage bars are quite appetizing. Not that I have tasted them or anything(lie lie)

Unknown said...

I've never tried any Lush products either. There's so many products in their range I wouldn't know where to start, lol. :)

Pandora`s Box said...

@ pyari beauty I will advise you to start from their soaps and gradually get hooked :)

Inese said...

I never tried anything from Lush, but i heard that hand creams are very good. :)

Pandora`s Box said...

@Inese Oooh the creams ARE very nice. The dream cream and the lemony flutter are my favs.

Zatheela said...

i hvnt tried anything frm lush as yet but i SOO want to coz every1 on earth is talkin abt it. we have few lush products here bt its so expensive! me wana try snow fairy and the olive branch :P

Pandora`s Box said...

@ZatZ:) Let me know what you think.

sadee said...

i have never used anything from lush but i wish to try soon thank you for the review :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...